The Power of Us
About the Event
Each September, the Women Moving Millions community gathers together for deep connection, learning, and sharing. As the COVID-19 crisis has progressed, we have made the decision to host a virtual Annual Summit, knowing it is the right path that prioritizes the safety and health of our community and the leaders who convene with us.
Today we stand at a crossroads. The coronavirus pandemic and murders of George Floyd and Breonna Taylor, and so many others whose lives have been taken too soon, have shone a blinding spotlight on the racial and structural inequalities that continue to erode our democracies, stoke historic unrest, and ignite calls for change. Racism, inequality, and gender discrimination remain pervasive in our communities and cannot be solved using the same approaches and tools that brought us to where we are today. Now is the time to come together with our partners and new allies to chart a different path.
Community, connection, and collaboration are integral to achieving our shared vision of a more equitable world. Guided by our mission and work to accelerate progress toward gender equality, this year’s Virtual Summit will welcome leaders under a free and virtual tent. We will convene and amplify the voices of experts and changemakers who will reimagine with us a future that is more equitable, re-examine the role of philanthropy to support systems change, and co-create dynamic and creative solutions for collective impact.
Join us to explore the Power of Us.
Member Day | September 10, 2020 from 12pm to 3pm EDT
*Open to WMM members only
Summit | September 11, 2020 from 12pm to 4pm EDT
*Open to members, prospective members, and other invited guests
5 THINGS YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THE 2020 SUMMIT
- It will be VIRTUAL: That’s right, you don’t even have to leave your home to attend!
- It will be INTERACTIVE: Through our virtual platform, mobile event app, and other regional in-person opportunities, we will keep you connected with us and your fellow attendees.
- It will be ENGAGING: As always, we are committed to bringing together interesting and engaging leaders and experts in the ﬁeld to discuss important issues facing women and girls today.
- You will leave EMPOWERED: We promise to inspire you, challenge you, and motivate you.
- It will be FREE: This is a critically important moment for women and girls around the world. This year, we are expanding our “virtual tent” to include as many voices, perspectives, and partners as possible.
Women Moving Millions is increasingly at the center of knowledge, connections, and activations within women’s philanthropy. We know that our partners are as committed as we are to advancing women and girls to achieve a gender equal world. Our partnership opportunities are designed to deepen the connection between the business and philanthropic sectors. Our goal is to create a transformational experience for our partners. We know that by working together, we can have a great impact.
We are deeply grateful to this year’s Summit sponsors: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation & PJT Partners!
If you would like to learn about sponsorship opportunities for the 2020 Annual Summit, please contact us.
HOW TO ENGAGE
We encourage all current WMM members, prospective WMM members, and their partners in philanthropy who share their vision and values (i.e., foundation staff, family partners, grantee partners, etc.) to attend. For more information and to request an official invitation, please email us.
More details to come soon! In the meantime, if you’re interested in learning more about the Annual Summit, please contact us.