1.6% Only 1.6% of all philanthropic funds go to organizations focused on women and girls.
0.5% Less than 0.5% of foundation funds go to women and girls of color.
It’s hard to fight for equal rights without equal support.
With equal funding, we can ensure equal rights, equal pay and equal power.
Give Bold. Get Equal.
The current pandemic threatens to reverse the progress made to improve the safety, health, and opportunity for women around the world, especially for women of color.
The stakes for gender equality have never been higher. The call for leadership has never been louder.
Together we have the creativity, connections, and resources to champion the cause and lead the change. By closing the funding gap, we can take action to address the systemic and cultural barriers to equality that continue to affect the lives of millions of women globally.
Our Bold Commitment: Mobilize $100M for women and girls by 2022
Take action today and join us! Commit to a gender equal world.
We will #GetEqual by:
- Giving Boldy, pushing ourselves to support exponential change, not just incremental progress.
- Leveraging the collective strength of our network and beyond, because together we are more powerful.
- Ensuring our philanthropic strategies remain flexible and responsive to an ever-changing world.
- Building partnerships based upon trust, ceding power to leaders who are closest to the issues we are trying to address.
- Honoring the complexity of our work by breaking down the silos in giving and applying an intersectional lens
- Acknowledging the consequences of our power and privilege in order to listen and learn how to be more effective allies in fighting systemic injustices and dismantling the structures that support them.
- Taking action to Give Bold. Get Equal.